if the guy had ink in his veins, it suggests he may have been some kind of
giant squid-man.  possibly this poster should be appearing in Bruce's Halloween
auction...

________________________________
 From: Richard Evans <evan...@mac.com>
To: Neil Jaworski <neiljawor...@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, 31 October 2012, 19:00
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Park Row (Samuel Fuller) 1952

"She had blood in her veins...he had ink...and guts!"
Great line, albeit with some anatomical confusion with having guts in his
veins, but yep, like them.
That line may swing it over more visually appealing foreign paper.

Sent from my iPad

On 31 Oct 2012, at 12:49, Neil Jaworski <neiljawor...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Simon, sounds like a timely movie.  Fuller is a bit like Tourneur in that he
could turn his hand to many genres with a very successful hit rate.
>movieposterdb.com has a few of the styles for Park Row.  They are nicely
>lurid, but probably didn't pick up many design awards!
>

>http://www.movieposterdb.com/movie/0045009/Park-Row.html
>

>Neil
>

>________________________________

for the first time last night, great ‘little’ film about a visionary newspaper
man played by Gene Evans who tries to get his own newspaper off the ground
called the Globe, the name of the newspaper probably gives you some idea of the
mans aspirations for his paper.

>I suppose the essence of the story is
journalistic freedom and that is so important especially with the Murdoch
hacking scandal still with legs in it. Phineas Mitchell (Gene Evans) the
aspiring newspaper man  comes out with a great quote in the film “The press is
good or evil according to the character of those who
direct it.” This rings so true in the modern era of the papers, because to be
truthful I do not know what paper to read anymore in this country, the UK, I
rarely get the real news because real journalism seems to be a less important
thing, is there any paper in the world that reflects the ethical responsibility
it should have to the public from it’s owner or controller because I can’t find
one.

>Sam Fuller says something that I
see allot of now, in fact I would say it’s endemic within the news corporations
and I quote “I detest seeing newspapers judge and condemn men, without any
motive but to use their power to destroy. The fascist do that.” It seems to me
that papers of the left and right employ the same tactics of the fascists when
going after certain individuals and I find it repulsive. Anyway a great film
again by Fuller one of America’s most resonant directors and story
tellers.

>Also is there a decent
poster for this film because I can’t find one? Shame really.