me, too. also loved THE LIFE OF PI and SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK.

Richard Del Belso
 Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:02:29 -0800
From: fly...@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: [MOPO] RECOMMENDED
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Loved it.

Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 29, 2012, at 4:03 PM, Kirby McDaniel <ki...@movieart.net> wrote:

Double ditto!
I'm ready to go again.

GUILTY PLEASURE OF THE WEEK:
THE DICTATOR.    OK!  I know!  But I laughed and I needed to.
On Blu-Ray.

Kirby McDanielMovieArt Original Film PostersP.O. Box 4419Austin TX
78765-4419512 479 6680  www.movieart.netmobile 512 589 5112

On Dec 29, 2012, at 5:45 PM, David Kusumoto wrote:Finally saw Spielberg's
"Lincoln" today, avoiding it because I thought it might be as slow-moving as
his "War Horse" pic last year.  Although "Lincoln" has a few self-consciously
"noble" moments, this is his most cerebral drama since "Schindler's List,"
featuring a (literally) towering performance by Daniel Day Lewis.  The guy
disappears in a role that could've turned out ridiculous if it had been spun
like a "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" attraction at Disneyland.  Tommy Lee
Jones and Sally Field have scene-stealing moments which made this WAY more
engaging than I expected.  To call "Lincoln" educational (even though it is),
under-sells it like a TV documentary by PBS.  This is good old fashioned, grand
entertainment - with a fast-moving Kushner screenplay. - d.