From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard
Halegua Posters + Comic Art
Sent: February 13, 2013 6:02 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Watching Barry Lyndon again

recently, when I was in that supermarket of Hell.. the store so large it
stretches across 4 time zones and has 3 languages.. aka Wal Mart..
I was looking at videos and saw several 4 movie sets for great stuff so I
picked up a Bogart disc with 4 great WB classics (the repartee in Across the
Pacific is hilarious), Marx Bros, Hitchcock and they even had a Kubrick 4
movie package. I didn't need 2001 or the Shining, but the disc has Barry
Lyndon and Eyes Wide Shut.

anyway.. I haven't watched Barry in years and just got to the intermission.

really, a much better film than I remembered, although I always felt it was
better than people would say. But it's also a pretty good comedy at times
and on one level, like all Kubrick films.. it is one weird trip