>wow that was great I joined the facebook page,,, I love those old
theatres also.!!!!  they used BRENKERTS 35mm projectors that where
built in Detroit... My city made the strong lamphouses... so we made
lots of the gear right here,, kneisly lamphouses and also Eprad made
the speakers for drive  ins and also the sound gear and also the
stuff that moved the film like the MUTTS and more,,,, The blown arc
projection lamp that took over for carbonarc...made in Toledo...
actually harry strongmade the carbon feeding mechanisim//

The thetares are just so cool as the places had such a great feel and
the over the top adversising and promotions arewhatmade itso cool...
I still remember the smell of projection booths with the oild and arc
smells... it was a honor to be able to look inside...

man.....I got the bug bad back in te 60s...I remember my mom took me
to see bambi and other disneys lke Pinnochio and seeing that in
TECHNicolor on a big screen was awesome. the color just poured out
like light gel density and rich,,, the  voice of the thetater sound
cabs with horns and tube amps have never been matched.. they where
Bog foled horn systems.. ...I think the popcorn was even better...:)