Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:32:45 -0500
From: sbu...@columbus.rr.com
Subject: [MOPO] 18!
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Time flies when you’re having fun…MoPo turns 18 today! On February 24, 1995 the
first MoPo post was distributed via American University’s listserv. I’m truly
amazed (and very thankful) that American U keeps their listserv up and running,
after all, listservs are SO last century! It may be a dinosaur, but it still
serves us well. In keeping with my annual tradition, I’d like to recognize the
11 original MoPo’ers: Mahtab Moayeri, Michael Danese, Rob Ellis, Donna
Tschetter, Goh Kai Shen, Evan Zweifel, George Nichol, Cynthia Nemeth-Johannes,
Adam Ehrlich, myself (your humble listowner) and AOL’er Static555 (real name is
Jeff Static). I finally stumbled upon his true identity. Michael, Rob and Evan
are still members.  Thanks to everyone for helping MoPo reach this milestone.
ScottMoPo List Owner  Just for fun, here’s the first public announcement about
“the MoPo,” posted to the newsgroup rec.arts.movies (remember Usenet?):
Mar 2 1995, 1:14 am  Now Showing: The MoPo List! The MoPo (short for Movie
Poster) is a new mailing list for collectors of movie memorabilia. If you're
into one-sheets, lobby cards, stills, inserts, or any movie collectible, then
join us on the MoPo! To subscribe send e-mail to:
lists...@listserv.american.edu In the BODY of your message type:     SUBSCRIBE
MOPO-L "your name" (without the quotation marks) This is a brand new list,
created by a small group of avid collectors.If you need more info, please
e-mail me:     Scott Burns     sbu...@freenet.columbus.oh.us