Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:32:42 -0800
From: fly...@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: OT - Why Steven Spielberg Is A Loser In Hollywood.
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

I'm with you David. One person who got robbed during the award season was
Michael Pena for END OF WATCH.
I was glad to see Matthew McConaughey  (sp?!!!) win a Spirit Award for best
supporting actor in MAGIC MIKE. He was great!!
Toochis

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 1, 2013, at 7:37 PM, David Kusumoto <davidmkusum...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I agree, Doug.  In my first public post about "Lincoln" in late December -
I noted the picture does have a few "self consciously noble moments," and that
scene you mention is the most obvious.  But after that, I really got into the
dialogue, the horse-trading, the political shrewdness of Lincoln trying
desperately to get the 13th Amendment passed before the end of the Civil War.
Lincoln the man (vs. the legend) - truly "came alive" in DDL's perf, and I
forgot about DDL after awhile.  "Silver Linings Playbook"
 was easily the most "crowd pleasing" of the nominees, as gales of
laughter could be heard from start-to-finish at the screening I
attended.  I would not have been too disappointed if "Playbook" had won, but I
really felt the "Ben Affleck-George Clooney" factor, combined with Affleck
being snubbed as best director - were heavily responsible for "Argo's" win at
the expense of all of the other nominees for Best Picture. -d.