I've received a number of replies from people who like the ads - while others
think they're in poor taste.  One pointed out that the ads turn Hepburn into "a
commodity to be bought and sold (with respect to her
commercial rights) and/or demeans her memory by using her incredible
talent as a tool to sell (products)."

However, Audrey Hepburn's likeness and
 image are vigilantly controlled by her two sons (Sean Ferrer and Luca Dotti).
All proceeds (from a
million to tens of millions of dollars) - go to the Audrey Hepburn
Children's Fund or to UNICEF.  And all content must first be cleared by the
sons so that they do NOT, in their opinion, besmirch Hepburn's memory.  The
sons have turned down other endorsement offers - and in my view - the two TV
ads linked here aren't crass nor as bad as the ad featuring Fred Astaire
dancing with a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner.

Hepburn's eldest son Sean Ferrer is quite volatile.  Before it was permanently
closed to the public, we visited the Audrey Hepburn museum and
 gravesite in Tolochenanz, Switzerland.  While there, no other visitors were
present - just a single volunteer.  Signs prohibiting picture-taking were
posted everywhere.  But we got lucky because the lone volunteer was friendly
and/or was just bored - and she let me take a lot of photos under the condition
that I use existing light and NOT flash.  I got a lot of shots off and just a
few are posted below.

Several years ago, after the museum's shop was found selling souvenirs like
you'd find at Graceland, Sean Ferrer pulled all of his mother's costumes, movie
posters, letters and her two Oscars - shutting the museum down.  He has since
changed his story several times, first saying he hated the museum selling tacky
souvenirs - and then he recanted, saying he had no problems with the museum nor
with the souvenirs
being sold for charity - but he just couldn't get along with town leaders who
wanted to promote the museum anyway they wished.  Whatever the reasons, there's
no Audrey Hepburn museum anymore. -d.