We have a small but incredible selection of 14 RKO yearbooks, plus 13 MGM's
Lion's Roars ending *TUESDAY*
<http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html>night (
*they are the first items in our Tuesday set of auctions, * *999 window
cards, French & Italian posters, pressbooks, studio campaign books, and
more; see them all at this
link<http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/1/13.html>:
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/1/13.html*), March 19th beginning
at 7 PM CST).

You surely already know this, but these books and magazines have some of
the absolute best advertising art there ever was (because the studios used
these to get theater owners to book their movies, and that was how they
made their money, so they hired incredible artists and spent huge amounts
of money producing these, which they gave away to theater owners for free).
And RKO in the 1930s and MGM in the 1940s were two of the most lavish
spenders on these, so theirs are among the "best of the best"!

Note that even though campaign books were sent to many theater owners, it
appears that very few examples of each have survived. I have been a
collector of campaign books and related material for many years, and I know
for certain just how rare they are! Note that studios almost always spent
far more money preparing campaign books than they did preparing movie
posters (often hiring very talented and well-known illustration artists),
because campaign books directly benefited the studio in getting theaters to
book the movies, whereas posters more benefited the theaters, rather than
the studios (although of course, what was good for the theaters was
ultimately good for the studios as well).

Also note that, as was often the case with these campaign books, some of
the movies advertised were either never made, had their titles changed
before they were released, or were made with different casts than those
announced in the campaign book (I do not have time to research the titles
in these campaign books, but we likely included some images of movies that
changed or were never made)! Finally, note that campaign books in general
usually sell for at least $100, and often several hundred, and the very
best of them have sold for thousands of dollars!

*IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO FIND INCREDIBLY SCARCE ITEMS WITH REMARKABLE ART,
THEN LOOK  NO FURTHER! PLEASE BE SURE TO OPEN THE AUCTIONS, BECAUSE WE HAVE
INCLUDED MULTIPLE IMAGES FOR EACH *(and we wish we could have shown every
page of every one, because they are filled with wonderful images, most of
which you have likely never seen before).

The below are links to all of these, and we put a small image of the first
of each type, but the rest that don't have images have camera icons at the
end that link to images):
 [image: 7k001 RADIO PICTURES 1929-30 campaign book '29 sensational
full-color ads with lurid
artwork!]<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905685>
7k001
RADIO PICTURES 1929-30 campaign book '29 sensational full-color ads with
lurid
artwork!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905685>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k001>
7k002 RADIO PICTURES 1930-31 campaign book '30 the most incredible yearbook
art
ever!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905686>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k002>
7k003 RKO PATHE PERSONALITY GROUP campaign book '31 fantastic art of best
female stars &
more!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905687>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k003>
7k004 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1931-32 campaign book '31 incredible colorful
signed art on every
page!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905688>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k004>
7k005 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1932-33 campaign book '32 incredible King Kong
2-page ad & much
more!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905689>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k005>
7k006 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1933-34 campaign book '33 4-page Son of Kong &
Flying Down to Rio
pop-up!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905690>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k006>
7k007 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1934-35 campaign book '34 great fold-outs & Radio
City Rockettes
pop-up!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905691>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k007>
7k008 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1936-37 campaign book '36 Walt Disney chooses RKO
over United
Artists!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905692>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k008>
7k009 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1937-38 campaign book '37 lots of Astaire &
Rogers, wonderful
art!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905693>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k009>
7k010 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1939-40 campaign book '39 Hunchback, Donald Duck,
Laurel & Hardy +
more!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905694>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k010>
7k011 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1940-41 campaign book '40 Citizen Kane when it was
John Citizen
U.S.A.!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905695>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k011>
7k012 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1941-42 campaign book '41 Citizen Kane, Fantasia,
Dumbo, AND
Bambi!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905696>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k012>
7k013 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1942-43 campaign book '42 amazing art with Bambi +
4 of best Val
Lewtons!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905697>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k013>
7k014 RKO RADIO PICTURES 1943-44 campaign book '43 great art including
Hirschfeld, 2 Val
Lewtons!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905698>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k014>
 [image: 7k015 LION'S ROAR no III exhibitor magazine 1941 Sotero art of
Garbo, King Tarz
exhibition!]<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905699>
7k015
LION'S ROAR no III exhibitor magazine 1941 Sotero art of Garbo, King Tarz
exhibition!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905699>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k015>
7k016 LION'S ROAR no. VII exhibitor magazine March 1942 Mickey Rooney &
Donna Reed by
Kapralik!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905700>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k016>
7k017 LION'S ROAR no VIII exhibitor magazine April 1942 Abbott & Costello
by Kapralik &
Hirschfeld!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905701>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k017>
7k018 LION'S ROAR no IX exhibitor magazine May 1942 Kapralik, Tortilla Flat
art, GWTW
continues!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905702>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k018>
7k019 LION'S ROAR vol III no 1 exhibitor magazine Sept 1943 Judy Garland in
Girl Crazy,
Hirschfeld!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905703>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k019>
7k020 LION'S ROAR vol III no 2 exhibitor magazine Jan 1944 Kapralik &
Hirschfeld art, Madame
Curie!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905704>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k020>
7k021 LION'S ROAR vol III no 3 exhibitor magazine April 1944 lots of
Hirschfeld, Lucy by
Vertes!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905705>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k021>
7k022 LION'S ROAR vol III no 4 exhibitor magazine Jul 1944 Marlene Dietrich
by Adler, cool
fold-outs<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905706>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k022>
7k023 LION'S ROAR vol IV no 2 exhibitor magazine Mar 1945 National Velvet
long article &
portraits!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905707>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k023>
7k024 LION'S ROAR vol IV no 3 exhibitor magazine June 1945 3 great color
fold-outs, 2 by
Kapralik!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905708>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k024>
7k025 LION'S ROAR vol IV no 4 exhibitor magazine August 1945 Kapralik
fold-out from Anchors
Aweigh!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905709>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k025>
7k026 LION'S ROAR vol V no 1 exhibitor magazine January 1946 Hirschfeld
art, posters on
trucks!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905710>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k026>
7k027 LION'S ROAR vol V no 4 exhibitor magazine August 1946 lots of
Hirschfeld & Kapralik
art!<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2905711>
<http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/large_size.php?lot=7k027>

Don't forget to check out our* 27 studio year books or exhibitor magazines *at
auction (they end *TUESDAY*
<http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html>night, March 19th
beginning at 7 PM CST),
or view *ALL *of the *999 window cards, French & Italian posters,
pressbooks, studio campaign books, and more *in this set of auctions now by
going to * http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html*
--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 29 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

   * Complete Buyer
Protection<http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_buyer_warranty.jpg>-
*No time limit on our guarantees & *NO* buyer beware
* Hershenson Help
Hotline<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson_help_hotline_forsite.jpg>-
*Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for urgent problems*
*Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth* Customer Reviews *of
our company * - Page
1<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg>,
Page 2<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg>,
Page 3<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg>
*, which shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our
company and our auctions so very different from all others!