NOSFERATU (1922) – although Kirk Hammett seems to have a Spanish poster / in
his book.

Wolfgang

Von: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] Im Auftrag von Neil
Jaworski
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. September 2013 18:20
An: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Betreff: [MOPO] Lost and Found Posters

Thinking about these lost/found films, I wondered what are the MAJOR films
where no POSTERS are known to exist?

I thought that Hitchcock's THE LODGER (1927) had no known posters, but there
seems to be at least one French poster:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lodger-1927-Ivoe-Novello-Alfred-Hitchcock-movie-poster-print-2-/390413844120?pt=Art_Posters

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lodger-1927-Ivoe-Novello-Alfred-Hitchcock-movie-poster-print-2-/390413844120?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item5ae67a7e98>
 &hash=item5ae67a7e98

Incidentally, I think that actor Emil Jannings must be the single, unluckiest
victim of Lost Films.  Not only is his starring role in THE PATRIOT (1928)
lost, but his Oscar winning performance in THE WAY OF ALL FLESH from the
previous year is also gone (although apparently he only won Best Actor when the
Academy decided that they couldn't award it to the technical winner: Rin Tin
Tin).

Neil

  _____