Yes Helmut a naïve mistake, you must be kicking yourself that you didn't use the two mill that was knocking about for some Lucien Feud. These paintings were out of this world and so was the price.

Simon

-----Original Message----- From: Helmut Hamm
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:54 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Francis Bacon painting sells for $142 million

I guess I should have picked one of his paintings up while he was alive, when they were still available for like $2 Million... Even then, he was the most expensive living artist.

The Francis Bacon exhibition in Berlin in 1986 (I think) was the most amazing art show I have seen in my life. Never before or after have I seen anything that came even remotely close to it.

Helmut

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/painting-sells-world-record-price-142-4-million-2D11582699

highest price ever paid for a work of art at auction