It's strange. Also strange is the Title Card from the original release of
Snow White which doesn't have Snow White on the card at all.  You wonder how
some of these lobby cards were created.

Franc

From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Bruce
Hershenson
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:27 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Odd 1945 Pinnochio re-release one-sheet at auction closes
Sunday afternoon along with 998 other folded one-sheets!

The first time I saw this 1945 Pinocchio re-release one-sheet many years ago
I thought it quite odd for two reasons.

First, it was from just five years after the initial release, and yet the
movie was re-titled to "Wonderful Adventures of Pinocchio", but what was
much more odd was that the poster almost doesn't have Pinocchio on it (see
the below image)!

<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/moviestars/AA131222/550/pinocchio_R45_MF
02803_L.jpg>

I guessed at that time that maybe the movie wasn't so popular the first
go-round, and so maybe they were trying to get it off of just being about
the wooden puppet and onto the great secondary characters (which might also
have explained the name change).

But then recently I auctioned the three-sheet from this 1954 re-release,
which I had never had before, and it has the same re-titling, and yet it has
a huge image of Pinocchio (see the below image) so that seems to shoot the
above theory!

<http://emovieposter.com/images/moviestars/AA131219/550/3sh_pinocchio_R54_JC
08859_L.jpg>

The R54 three-sheet sold for $443. The R45 one-sheet (closing tomorrow at
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail
<http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=
3235865> &Auction_uid1=3235865) is currently at $105.

There are also 998 other folded one-sheets closing Sunday at
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html, and with less than a
day to go, there are still over half the items at $5 or under.
--

Bruce Hershenson and the other 29 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/unparalled_customer_servic
e.png>

Complete Buyer Protection
<http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_
buyer_warranty.jpg>  - No time limit on our guarantees & NO buyer beware
Hershenson Help Hotline
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson
_help_hotline_forsite.jpg>  - Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for urgent
problems
Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth Customer Reviews of
our company - Page 1
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg> ,
Page 2
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg> ,
Page 3
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg> ,
which shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our company
and our auctions so very different from all others!

  <http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/bruce01.jpg>