I can echo Greg's comments, except between 1998 & 2005 I sold close to $500k through fleaBay until they finally pissed me off the final time

run like a typical US corporation (we get it all, you get nothing) it will never get my vote again

maybe 11 Main can cut them down to size. But be warned.. 11 Main dealers are only "invited" to sell

so it won't be for everyone

Rich

At 11:57 AM 2/11/2014, Greg Douglass wrote:
They can't f**k things up any worse than Ebay (which i still use, although I am barely a blip on the seller's radar screen.) They have complicated and, driven by greed and stupidity, made a frustrating Orwellian experience out of what used to be truly fun. (I discovered Ebay before most people, by sheer luck . I made a ton of money (not Hershenson/Heritage bucks, but enough to delight my simple-minded musician ass). It was great...and then came those "improvements"...... Two words attracted me to this new, Alibaba-owned company... "Mom and Pop". That's me. I'll be giving it a try. It's possible....VERY possible...that China is going to be what our country used to be if they keep up with ideas like this. But, who knows? They're already starting to pull a few bonehead moves....that dang greed!....and should have a close look at what happened to japan. But back to the topic at hand: I'll be stopping by 11 Main for at least a serious look and a few trial sales.
Greg Douglass
---- Posteropolis <posteropo...@bell.net> wrote:
> 11Main.com:
>
> http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m02/i10/s01
>

> For background on the parent company, here's a piece about Alibaba published
> in The Economist last year:
>
> http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21573980-alibaba-trailblazing-chinese
> -internet-giant-will-soon-go-public-worlds-greatest-bazaar
>

> Dave

>        Send a message addressed to: lists...@listserv.american.edu

Greg Douglass
Guitarist-