From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Kirby
McDaniel
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 6:56 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] FROM SCREEN ARCHIVES ENTERTAINMENT VIDEO OF ROZSA'S MAIN
TITLE TO QUO VADIS

In 1959, when I saw BEN-HUR in Camera 65 for the first time, I was not only
in awe of the great spectacle married to

great direction, but I was also swept up in love for the great music by
Miklos Rozsa.  So as soon as I could get the coin together, I went to the
record store and bought the soundtrack in the big MGM box.  That led to
curiosity about the other Rozsa scores, and that led to exposure to the
Great Father to the score of BEN-HUR, QUO VADIS.    I soon discovered I
loved it as well.

I was delighted to see this video on the website of Screen Archives
Entertainment of the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra playing the main
title.  They have just released a two-CD set of the score.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/22193/QUO-VADIS-2CD/

Kirby McDaniel

MovieArt Original Film Posters

P.O. Box 4419