Happy Birthday, MoPo!
19 years is pretty good, but I'm sure there's still a lot of maturing to do.
I vote...YES!...let's make sure it's still around for number 20!!

Richard Del Belso

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:07:15 -0500
From: s...@columbus.rr.com
Subject: [MOPO] Our 19th Birthday: Not Dead Yet!
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

How interesting that Helmut posted his analysis of MoPo posts from the past
week TODAY, which just happens to be MoPo’s 19th birthday. As Bruce then
commented, the other 2 existing poster forums “are pretty dead” as well. Are we
really all talked out? Has Facebook taken over the world? Is MoPo an Internet
dinosaur and no longer necessary? Questions to ponder…but first, as I always do
every February 24th, a brief review of MoPo history… On February 24, 1995 the
first official MoPo post was distributed via American University’s listserv.
For a few weeks prior to that launch date, the handful of original MoPo members
simply cc’d their e-mail messages to the other people in the group (there were
11 at the beginning). In keeping with my annual tradition, I’d like to
recognize those MoPo pioneers: Mahtab Moayeri, Michael Danese, Rob Ellis, Donna
Tschetter, Goh Kai Shen, Evan Zweifel, George Nichol, Cindy Nemeth-Johannes,
Adam Ehrlich, myself (your humble listowner) and AOL’er Static555—real name
Jeff Static. Michael, Rob and Evan are still members. Cindy sadly passed away
in June 2008, but her husband Jay has taken her place on MoPo. Hats off to all
the MoPo originals! I’d also like to send out my annual thank you to American
University, our generous host. I’m surprised, but grateful, they continue to
maintain their listserv system, a relic from the early days of the Internet.
Yes, it has limitations (no fancy graphics, mail delivery issues) but it still
serves our intimate group well.  Happy 19th Birthday MoPo! But will we make it
to 20? Should we?  My deepest thanks to all of you for the ride (so far) and
for however long it lasts! ScottMoPo List Owner
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com