This email is going out to all members on MoviePosterBid.com who have won auctions since October (repost to MoPo as many of you are here)

Since October, most of you have experienced shipping delays of some kind.
I want to apologize to everyone who has had to wait longer than expected for their auction buys.

These delays were unfortunately related to several factors, one of which was that last May - 11 months ago - my longtime secretary moved on to another endeavor and sadly, left me hanging to do loads of auction work all by myself.

When that happened it was very unexpected and due to the huge amount of work in doing a 300 item auction on a regular basis, that was when I went from a Weekly to a Monthly auction. I had to take 5 weeks off from auctions to finish all the work that was left behind in shipping, photography & billings and many of you will recall that I started my first Monthly auction in June last year.

For a few months, I did just fine, but slowly the extra work started creeping up on my and when I had to handle some other business back in September, it ruined my schedule and I began to get seriously behind

Facts are that these auctions take a truckload of time. I did a time analysis not too long ago trying to figure out where my time was going on why I couldn't catch up and I discovered that a 300-listing auction takes some 120-160 hours all by itself and sadly, auctions aren't my only work to do. I have a whole warehouse full of comics, posters, pulps and other paper collectibles and I have to sell them all. 2200 square feet of it, stacked and shelved to the ceiling.

It's been a lot of work folks.

Compounding this was the additional fact that while I had been trying to find some help that could actually do the work I needed help with, here in Las Vegas we have a unique workforce. Simply said, here in Nevada we have the only state in the USA where you can make $40-80k without even a high school diploma because poker dealers and blackjack dealers and cocktail waitresses don't need an education to do these jobs. Another vast swath of residents would also rather gamble to pay their bills than work 40 hours a week making boxes at $9 an hour.

To everyone who had to wait as a result as I got further & further behind, I apologize to you. This has been more serious for International buyers than USA buyers because while I can print out USA postage online at Paypal, I can't do the same for International shipping unless a package is over 4lbs and being shipped by Priority Mail, so it requires standing on line at the post office, which as we all know is in itself a time-consuming issue.

Moving on, I believe I have this issue resolved in the near term.
One of my best friends had lost his job a little while back and has been helping me the past couple months getting back to an even keel. It has taken a while to properly train him but as of this past week, he's finally learned the right way to make packages - without my help - and as of today, we will have no remaining orders to package and anything we finish today will be shipped by the end of the week. Brian has told me that even when he gets another job, he plans on helping me out for extra money at least for the foreseeable future so I will have help that I can depend on and that we will remain on schedule

To those of you who may have a particular complain, feel free to email me all your cursewords to sa...@comic-art.com

If you have a question about any order you have or have not yet received, please email wareho...@comic-art.com

If you have slowed down bidding because of delays, I would be thrilled to see you bidding again and I assure you, your orders will be shipped within the normal 7-10 day window we have promised for years so you can enjoy your great poster wins.

But in any case, I do indeed sincerely apologize to all of you for these delays and have appreciated all the good words from those of you who have supported me these past several months..

It's been a tough road, but we're driving now!

thanks to everyone who read this far & I hope to see you, on MoviePosterBid.com

Rich Halegua