From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom
Martin
Sent: October-14-14 8:18 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] what ever happened to MOVIEGOODS?

  so I just wondered what ever happend to MovieGoods these guys I
remember a Bob Mclaughlin I think from Canada and they had tons of ads
and where selling so many things,,but I dont see hem now... what
happened.. I guess they where in Las Vegas On Paridise road... any
INFO?? Ive seen so many changes since I started in this biz in 1977..
what about everyone else? when I  sarted I think what was fun was
meeting the eclectic collectors that told me about thier hobbys and
would have me look for some really obscure stuff..for some strange
reason I would find it...now I cant even find my shoes..:) each day I am
remeberingMore.. In the hospital they have shrinks see if you have
cognicent memory as tehey would come in and ask me movie trivia... as
pop culture hisory was my thing... at the time I remeber saying heyyyy
how many peopel would know that answer not knowing that was the whole
point to test my memory...so I would be talking about vivien Leigh and
then give them back story on peopel when they just wated to see if I
remebered anything...when the one doc came in he said YOU must be Mr.
Martin.... I looked up and I swear he looked like larry fine of the
stogges and I said and you must be Larry fine.... nyuck nyuck nyuck....
he said Is see you didnt lose you humor..I relized I just insulted the
poor doc but he had the identical hair puffs like Larry.....guess you
had to be there....they just loved me in the Hospital Im sure,,:):)

----