Just received a phoen call from a customer I havent spoke to since the 80s.. he is in NYC... we spoke about memorabilia business since the60s he saw Jerry leis and knows alan alda and Martin scorses.. I mentioned the Heritage sales of today and he knew Grey Smith.. he said whats good about Grey is he knows the backstory ofthe films behind the posters and was impresssed with his knowledge and professional way he presentsthe posters... The london after midnight poster amazed me as the film cannt even be pieced together so this is one the the last things around if you think... I asked why th eguy had called me he said he found a flyer from years ago and wondered ifI was still in business...I said well yes i am and whats can i find for you.. this is 38 years,,, when we started I kepta index card with each purchase what they wanted,, it was called a want file.. I still have the wooden box of want files from my earliets customers and i bet hes in there... he know Joe Franklin who is a movie biz historian and tv show golden oldie I guess in his 90s. so many of the peopel I grew up with are in the 75-90 ag group and Im 58 started doing this at 20 time flies !! congrats to heritage and grey... I didnt see the sale as im sure the bidding war was intense

On 2014-11-22 19:41, Todd wrote:
Rich,

I know I don't need to tell you that 18 years in the collectibles
market is a very very long time and it might as well been 100 years.

Someone asked me about a month ago what I thought LONDON AFTER
MIDNIGHT would go for and I said, at least $500k and maybe as high as
the moon.

Grey really put together an amazing group of posters this time with
LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT being the "icing on the cake." But as good as it
did, considering the title, graphics and condition, I really think it
should have gone much higher.

Todd