Hello all,

>From a person who works at the movie theater mentioned in the below link, I
>must insist that The Palace (which is stated in the link as to being converted
>to digital) is in fact still screening 35mm archival prints because of the
>labors and money that I have raised through the last two years.  The Palace
>Theater (www.palaceonjames.com) has upgraded their 35mm film sound and
>projectors to a 100% change over system with an upgraded sound processor.
>Even though Cinefest is in its last year, The Palace and myself have created a
>growing 35mm Classic mixed in with Pop Culture film festival called the SALT
>CITY HORROR FEST.  I'm the programmer and we have screened classic Universal
>and other titles from the last 70 years mixed within titles from the 80's and
>90's.  In my defense, classic film screenings are not dead in Syracuse NY.
>Each year the audience is growing for the Annual Salt City Horror Fest.  2015
>marks the 10 year Anniversary of 35mm Horror/ Sci-Fi and Classic film events
>at The Palace Theater.

Just clarifying this up.
Thank you,
Jeff Meyer

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:58:23 -0500
From: s...@columbus.rr.com
Subject: [MOPO] The Future of Conventions...
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

During all the discussion about Cinevent’s troubles, it was mentioned that the
Syracuse Cinefest was ending this year, it’s 35th event. I wasn’t aware that
this was the last one. Doing a quick search,  I came across an interesting blog
post from Martin Grams, a DVD seller and author who always attends Cinevent and
other shows. It’s worth your time:
http://martingrams.blogspot.com/2014/10/cinefest-2015-end-of-era.html ScottMoPo
List Owner