I don't know who bought the Hitchcock lobbies. I did go to the auction both
days and enjoyed it very much. Hard to know what "normal" activity is for a
poster auction. The number of people in attendance varied throughout what were
very long days (especially the first). There was a decent amount of floor
bidding and very active phone and Internet action.

Having the actual physical catalog was great, as there were some images that I
had never seen before. The auction was very heavy on lobbies...with limited
numbers of one-sheets; half sheets and other sizes. A huge amount of silent
material (Keaton, Chaplin, westerns), Stooges, Marx Brothers, Fred Astaire,
Noir, iconic Horror films (including the "commonly famous" Frankenstein,
Dracula, King Kong, Mummy, but also Freaks, The Raven, numerous Lon Chaney's,
Island of Lost Souls and others),Bogart, Cagney and African-American films.
The range of material and genres was fantastic.

While a few items were passed, there were a couple of exciting "fights" over
some spectacular pieces. Some items sold for far in excess of high estimates.

I should also mention that I got to meet Morris Everett. He was very nice and
it was a delight to speak to him for a few minutes. I also met Dan Strebin. I
believe that he was actively involved in assessing conditions and creating
estimates for many, if not all of the lots. He was thoroughly professional and
knowledgeable. His forthright answers to my questions played a big role in the
items I pursued and was fortunate enough to win.

I think there is a follow-up auction at the end of the year and I will
definitely check it out.