From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of James Gresham
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:40 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] UK Antiques Roadshow: Strange valuations

I think I sold mine to Walter Reuben for $8500.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Wim Jansen <w...@bqjansen.demon.nl
<mailto:w...@bqjansen.demon.nl> > wrote:

In any case a nice item for anyone who is not in poster collecting. As any item
found in AR and similar shows whether a cuckoo clock, furniture or a poster is
about insurance value I’m not too bothered about the valuations.

Nice enthusing item I think.

Very curious whether there has indeed never been a sale of the WotW quad.

Wim

Op 6 jan. 2016, om 20:46 heeft Posteropolis <posteropo...@bell.net
<mailto:posteropo...@bell.net> > het volgende geschreven:

I saw that Roadshow and couldn’t believe it when he said 100,000 pounds.

Have no idea where he got that figure. I know many of the appraisers, dealers
themselves of course, have a very high-end clientele who probably pay
ridiculous sums for things (and thus many of the valuations tend to be at Saudi
oil sheik levels) but even so I thought that one was over the top.

  _____