Ya gotta give it to Pee Wee: I haven't seen this much posting on MOPO since the
Eugene Hughes scandal. My worthless opinion, is that his Saturday morning show
was the most overtly outré children's programming up to that point.. You had
your dysfunctional talking furniture, and then there was the smoking hot Miss
Yvonne, who clearly wanted more than a noogie from Pee Wee but was never going
to get the snarky little shit to muss up her hairspray. I was waiting for the
episode where the secret word of the day was "copulation" ("Yaaaay!!!")
I got a few yucks out of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure"
Reubens has created a kind of a one-trick pony. i just happen to find the trick
amusing...in reasonable doses. Now..Billy Connelly is consistently brilliant.
His discussion of preparing for a colonoscopy had me unable to breathe; I was
laughing that hard. George Carlin? The master.
Jerry Lewis made me laugh in "The Ladies' Man" when I was, like, 12.Now, I find
him too self-consciously aware of his assumed "genius": "Hey, you guys! They
love my nutty ass in France and you better love me here! Look at this facial
expression; isn't just to die for? Yep, I'm kickin' Chaplin's ass here,
folks...)
Enough pontification. Back to my two passions, posters & music. I have string
parts to put on today and I'm STILL searching for that Astor "Invisible Ghost"
one sheet....
Best,
Greg Douglass
---- Adrian Cowdry <00000029edc23ec7-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu>