Wow. Didn't know the gentleman but I was just ruminating on the idea of walk-in
movie poster stores. We had three in San Francisco that I recall: Memory Shop
West, run by a nice woman named Carol York, The Cinema Shop, and Cinemonde,
Jose ma Carpio's place. I remember walking into the Cinema Shop and buying a
one sheet from "It Came from Outer Space" for a whopping $25, a fortune at the
time (1975).
Cinemonde was a bit too upscale for the likes of me. I always felt like I had
farted in church when I walked in the store.
In general, it was great to have a place to walk into and be able to learn
about movie poster history...actually, back then, that was pretty much the ONLY
way to speak Poster Geek with another human being.
Greg Douglass
---- Paul Gerrard <00000060c3f9be9c-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for passing on the news Adrian. That's a real shame. I spent many  a
> happy hour rummaging around at his film fairs and visited his  shop a few
> times, and feel grateful for the contribution he made to  the hobby and
> consequently my poster-collecting life.
>
> Paul
> _www.movieposterstudio.com_ (http://www.movieposterstudio.com)

> 00000029edc23ec7-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu writes:
>
> Dear all
>
> Just to keep you informed, Ed Mason has  passed away, many of you will know
> him as the organiser of the London Film  Fair and he will be in your
> history somewhere as contributing in your  collection in some fashion.
>
> I gather there is no family to pass  condolences on to.
>

> This Never Happened to the Other  Fella....
>
> Adrian Cowdry
> jboh...@aol.com

>        Send a message addressed to: lists...@listserv.american.edu

Greg Douglass