From: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of Scott Burns
<s...@columbus.rr.com>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 5:06 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] To back or not to back . . .

Sounds like we have few fans of backing so far…

But what if the poster is on really fragile paper? I have some Belgian posters
that are in decent shape (no paper loss, no image damage), but age is catching
up with them and the paper is starting to become brittle. Wouldn’t it be wise
to get these de-acidified and backed to insure their longevity?

Is the real issue here the fact that in a future sale potential buyers will
question whether the poster has had restoration work done? I didn’t think linen
backing was an automatic signal restoration was done on the poster. Maybe some
of our dealers can shed some light.

Also concerning restoration work…anyone had any experience with lobby card
restoration? I have a couple of lobby’s that are in less-than-stellar
condition, mainly a little dirty, some slight creases and the paper has
noticeably darkened. Can a good restorer do anything with these? Can lobby
cards be linen backed? I can’t recall ever having seen one.

Thanks,

Scott

MoPo List Owner