From: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of "Smith, Grey -
1367" <gre...@ha.com>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Does anyone know the story with the ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE
WEST One Sheets?? [EXTERNAL]

Thanks, Todd, a good question.

I will explain our reasoning and say that by calling the large title in lower
right version 1969 was obviously a mistake from some time ago.
M rating lower left corner within artwork.  National Screen Service info on
right side of bottom border, then 69/241
This would be the domestic release for the poster and with the rating assuredly
used in the states.

No M rating lower left corner within artwork.  National Screen Service info on
right side of bottom border, then 69/241
This is believed to be the International one sheet as no ratings were used on
those posters generally. Some might say, well with NSS number it wouldn’t be
International but I suggest that it is International as during that time, most
domestic release posters did have a rating.

No M rating lower left corner within artwork.  No National Screen Service info
and No 69/241.  Instead, the title is on the right side of the bottom border.
This is a late 1970s, early 1980s reissue most likely and sold previously I
believe as 1969. IMDB says there was a showing in 1980, but as you know it
wasn’t until the early 1970s that NSS started labeling the posters with the
larger title in the lower right leading us to deduce this is a reissue just as
we know the James Bonds titles with similar markings are reissue. More recently
we have called this a reissue.