...AND A VERY WORTHY LISTSERV SITE IT IS SCOTT!!!!! YOU HAVE MADE THAT ANNIVERSARY SO SPECIAL; NICE WORK INDEED!
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Burns
Sent: Jun 6, 2019 6:16 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] A MoPo Question for Scott

Interesting question! I don’t keep a detailed log of subscriber numbers and dates (now I wish I had!), but looking through my notes it appears that 2006 was probably our peak when we had 433 subscribers.

We’ve been just under 300 for several years now. We took a hit in 2014 when our host American University made some software upgrades that caused people with AOL, Yahoo & Hotmail accounts (and a few other ISP’s) to be deleted by the listserv due to repeated mail delivery issues. Many of those people never came back.

There are not very many comings and goings these days. I may approve 1 new subscription request every 2-3 months. But at least we’re holding steady. We’ve already exceeded the lifespan of the typical internet discussion group. Hard to believe MoPo will be 25 years old next February!

Scott

MoPo List Owner