“Given that most online buying these days is done on mobile devices”

Is this really true?

Is this a generational shift, or true in general?

Evan

From: Posteropolis
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:02 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Dave - Update with further info - Need help testing links

Thank you, David. That’s very useful information. And thanks to everyone else
who tested the links.

Yes, it seems the links work well on desktops and laptops but not smartphones
and tablets.

Given that most online buying these days is done on mobile devices, it does
concern me that my eBay listings might not be visible to most buyers. Of
course, it’s possible that links to individual listings work fine on mobile and
it’s just the longer URL for the search results within my listings (key word
“Halloween” in this case) that won’t work on Android devices.

All the same, there has been a precipitous drop in traffic to my listings over
the last 18 months or so and, with most people now browsing on their mobiles,
this may at least partly explain that drop (market and demographic changes,
also a factor, aside).

Because, let’s face it, I may not have much but I like to think it’s decent
stuff at decent prices, which should at least attract browsers, if not buyers,
all things being equal. ;)

Thanks again, everyone. I knew MoPo wouldn’t let me down.

Dave