to remove rolldimples...geta home iron...put onlow heat...use another piece ofpaper or a old sacrificed posterandontheeach side..slowly irironout theripple.... framers use a dry mount press lkea seal to do thihis...anduse mounting tisssue todry mount to a foamcore..but witha home iron witha teflon cover it does the same proces..also reverse rolling backwards can make a posterlose the krinkles.. i have a smallTack heater iron ..used by framers i use to dod smallarea andalso to pre wram adhesives for putting patches on my Hats....it s great to prewarm theadhesiveonPatches...you can find themon ebay..or old scholl framers havethem same withseal presses.... ifiam reading correct you received posters thatwher rippled by someone rollingandputting inthe tubes sounds like over rolled... or just sloppy.... maybe Tarentinos co hired a local mailing serviceto do itt as thats how we did commercial posters in he 80s and 90s iuesd to wrap posters in posters as i had so many titles that wrer soft titles i could get rid by using as packing...lol//// people got free bonus... funny eh...

whenthe movie studios video distributors sent medirect from printers they camin Flat boxes of 200 or 400 ofimage..or boxes of 50...or they triangle tubes of 400,,,this waswhentherwas NSS butwhenthey closed thestudios sentall kinds on ways...and cut back....I evenwas a wild poster guy fordetroitandthe posters would come likethat...neverhad theissues youspeak of as it seems theyare people on ebay who just have no experience in packaging...or tubes as theyare alltringto work cheap[ as manyoffer theshippingamortized intothe costlike fre shipping..same with Books somepeople just package in a plastic bag no cushion..or corrogared protection...not likehow i liketopack... but its 2019 andpeole want itcheapand fast.....andthepostage rates keep getting higher at thepo..andwheni started i had daily ups pickup..now i use thepo also..as thetracking andallis nice and priority is good..hop iansweredit..I justhad eye surgery not seeing good..hope itgets better,,had a vitrectomyand cataract 3 hour 2 surgeons.. week out cant see yet..but im waitingonGod..OK..Merrychristmas..ask me anything,, after 43 years alli know and 10centsmay get me a coffee..LOL :)Happy hannaka and merrychristmas everyone

On 2019-12-04 22:03, David Kusumoto wrote:
HELP!

VERY BAD LUCK BUYING MANY DS COPIES WITH THE "TRUE" FINAL USA R-RATING
PRINTED IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER. Only one so far (since July) - has
passed condition tests for gift quality. All were listed "new" by
sellers and looked great in photos - but arrived with horizontal
rippling - or - creasing / bends at the top or bottom edges. Others
were replete with dimples down the center from top to bottom - or -
"scuff-type" wear along the vertical edges - way beyond the "few minor
dings" that are OK and common w/even "pristine" posters.

ANY THOUGHTS? I think the rippling is caused by tight hand-rolling -
to fit into 2 inch (or smaller!) diameter sleeves and tubes - (see
reference photos below - the posters always look good at first but
more probing reveals what I'm talking about).

I NEVER GET THIS FROM PRO DEALERS USING THREE-INCH DIAMETER TUBES -
BUT IT'S COMING UP A LOT WITH AMATEUR SELLERS.

SOMEONE PLEASE SET ME STRAIGHT.  I think these new-release posters are
machine rolled into tubes for theaters - but after re-sellers take
them out to take photos - they don't know how to re-roll large format
paper - by hand - and in a straight line - causing them to make too
many hand-adjustments to get them to fit back into these narrow tubes.
When I bring it up, they say, "it was mint when shipped." They're not
aware of what happens when they use narrow sleeves or tubes.

OTHER POSTERS HAVE SHOWN UP W/SMALL, BUT HARD CREASE EDGE WEAR along
the vertical sides (vs. normal dings).

OF COURSE I GET THAT PERFECTION IS IMPOSSIBLE - I just don't want to
be embarrassed gifting LESS than "near mint" / near pristine posters
for RECENT titles. If you have ideas or can help - please message me
with price and condition. Thank you! (See photos below.)

David

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8326/307NyQ.jpg [1]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/6903/8p5E46.jpg [2]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4617/CSHbrW.jpg [3]