Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 11:53 AM
From: "Ira Rubenstein" <irubenst...@pbs.org>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] First Poster Stories
OK -

I will jump in. I was interning for 20th Century Fox theatrical Marketing and Distribution. I was spending one week out at the Branch office in Sherman Oaks. They gave the intern the fun job to clean out the closet. Well, I came across some Return of The Jedi posters and other FOX films and I asked if I could take them home. YES! And that's what started it.

>From my internship I joined Fox in exhibitor relations and of course my job was sending out posters. And of course I got to keep a copy or two.

Then one year I asked NSS people for some posters as a present for my wife. Winnie The Pooh and some Star Wars. Came in the mail. That really kicked it into high gear.

My first significant purchase was a SINGIN IN THE RAIN one sheet. A co-worker told me about these auctions you could buy older posters. Again, my wife's favorite film. Got the poster. Took it to Sue to frame.

She looked it at it and said. Hey, this was once mine. Never folded version that hung at MGM in the Art Director's office. __ And Sue and I have been friends ever since.

And I now have over 1100 posters in my collection. And no more wall space.

Ira