Well, the most important thing in a frame is what's in the front and what's in
back of the poster.  All of the frames you have gotten from me have been 91% UV
filtered genuine plexiglass, not plastic sheeting that is in a lot of ready
made frames.  So, that is what has protected your posters.  For my frames, even
if you use the acid free museum conservation backing, it is only a $15
difference, so most collectors with items over say $500 in value and continuing
to appreciate in value, use the acid free backing.  I routinely take my own
framed posters apart to test the products and compare them to color charts I
have so that I can accurately write the articles that I write for the movie
poster hobby and other paper collectable hobbies.  In all my years of using
this product, I have never come across a poster that has faded and have never
had a customer tell me their poster faded using this product, so I'm convinced
it's a good product and it has stood the test of time...as for backing, the
most important thing is to not use cardboard.  As a matter of fact, it isn't
advisable to store your posters in cardboard tubes and that cardboard is
loaded with acid......just a thought........

Your posters look fabulous.

Sue
Hollywood Poster Frames

Thx, in 11 years of collecting I’ve never seen any poster degrade the tinsiest
bit from light exposure or internal acidification.

In general most collectors ridiculously spend lotsa money and rarely frame
anything.

So I try to promote basic affordable framing rather than worry excessively
about extremely slow acidification or minor light damage from indirect sunlight
shown in picture above.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:31 AM Susan Heim