Beloved Fellow Geeks:
I was sorting through my modest pile of movie paper the other night and I realized I had acquired some pretty cool stuff. I realized that if I were to suddenly shuffle off this mortal coil that no one would know where and how to properly dispose of my stuff. My son has zero appreciation for my little treasures. if I had a collection of Death Metal posters ("Hey son! Look at this mint condition Cannibal Corpse poster. And the Snivelling Shits opened the show!")
It'd be like me finding an INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN insert in mint condition.
However, the brutal truth is that i will not be around in...probably...ten years.....twenty if I'm really lucky and my marbles are intact.
My long suffering wife won't have a clue either; and who can blame her?
So I am presently listing the best bits of my stash, with detailed condition issues and price parameters. I am also giving out some names of people i feel will treat my collection with respect and be straightforward with my wife and son, both of whom may be clueless about certain things but who are sharp people who are not easily manipilated.
I am 70 and see my friends leaving me in droves. I want to be realistically ready when the time comes. I still haven't decided on an auction house vs. a trusted individual who I have worked with for years. But step one is to list what I habe.
Suggestions??? Ideas?
Greg Douglass