From: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of Todd
<toddfeier...@msn.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 6:19 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Ebay Managed Payments?

Ebay Managed Payments is just another additional power grab by Ebay to
eventually take total control over seller accounts and to make a lot more money.

Originally, they said it would make it so much easier for sellers and it would
also be less expensive.

They've cut out PayPal where a seller would have immediate access to their
money.

So now, since sellers don't have immediate access to their money as they use to
and have to sometimes wait many days in order to access their money, it's not
easier.

By holding onto seller's funds for days on end, ebay is making millions more on
that interest.

In addition, as Sue states, since they now charge fees to sellers on Sales Tax
paid by buyers, it's more expensive and sellers are making less.

I've actually found that I'm being charged more, even if they didn't charge a
fee on the Sales Tax.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out USPS, FedEx and UPS and
start their own mailing system where sellers are forced to ship through ebay.

Todd