Over the day, I watched the Ewbanks auction on and off and the results were quite astounding: The best thing they had was a GET CARTER quad, which hammered at 3,800 Pounds. A few other lots sold in the 1000-2000 Pound range.

Much more interesting was the vast amount of low-end material that sold for astounding prices: A french petite for THE GOONIES hammered for 100 Pounds. That‘s about 125 with premium, plus VAT, plus shipping. It shouldn‘t be too hard to find one of these on ebay France for 10 to 15 Euros. There were tons of stuff like that, including bulk lots, Argentine posters, Spanish US posters, a lot of bottom end ebay material. The auction lasted overall several hours and I had other things to do in between, but I did not see a single pass.

Most of the lots sold today are totally boring for the seasoned collector, but exactly the sort of material that might appeal to beginners.

It seems to me there was A LOT of new blood present in this auction. Obviously, it makes online buying a lot harder for me, but in the end I guess it can only be good for the hobby.

HH