Tommy,

I think there is one simple reason: With shops, bars, and restaurants closed in
wide parts of the world and no holiday trips in sight either, many people have
a lot of extra cash to spend. Many of them are working from their home office
right now, and no commuting means more extra time to spend. And with the kids
going on your nerve all day long, online shopping might deliver a much needed
self-gratification. Well, that was three simple reasons...

Plus, many new collectors may have the false impression that buying at auction
sort of guarantees a 'fair market price'. In cases like a rare and desirable
Tarantino poster, this might even be true. If you are bidding against another
newbie, it's not. Last not least, people are lazy. Ooops, that five simple
reasons now.

Helmut