An unopened copy of Nintendo’s Super Mario 64 has sold at auction for $1.56
million.
Heritage Auctions in Dallas said that the 1996 game sold Sunday, breaking its
previous record price for the sale of a single video game.  Two days prior, The
Legend of Zelda sold for 870,000.

Now that I have been working for an auction house for 8 years,  I always admire
collectors and the diversity  it can represent:   Historic letters by the
founding fathers,  rare first edition books,  Coca-Cola,  baseball cards,  NASA
ephemera, photography, Hollywood... all a reflection of America (and also the
worlds)  past.  So much a reflection of the times, footnotes that reflect most
of the time, genius, artistry……greatness.  And these collectors are actually
curators of history keeping their possessions with great care to pass onto
another generation who with education and passion will continue carrying the
baton of who we were,  how far we’ve come and the importance these artifacts
represent

But  !@!!$@$%!! **!^#&^ video games?    Dammit,  I got old fast.
Curmudgeonly yours,
Freeman Fisher