Hey Greg!  Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, I do want to be a light to
anyone looking for meaning to life.  But no, I do not ever mean to push
things.  So thank you for the nice comments.  All is well here.  Still
looking for a few of the rarer horror lobby cards but not having a lot of
luck.  Glad you got a Godzilla one sheet.  Happy new year to you and all of
our Mopo friends.  Jim Gresham

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 4:03 PM Greg Douglass <pickmeis...@mail.com> wrote:

> I recall seeing SOYLENT GREEN in its first release. I also recall Edward
> G. Robinson as being 72 in the film, which is the same age as yours truly
> as I write this. Talk about depression squared; I had to face my impending
> mortality AND what looked like a really crappy future when I reached my
> dotage while watching this grim look at what is turning out to be a pretty
> close approximation of what's going on around us.
> Now THAT'S entertainment!
> The mortality part doesn't bother me; hey, I came from a science-based
> family (my dad was a chemistry major at UC Berkeley and later worked for
> Upjohn Pharmaceuticals, a very honest company) and when I go, wave goodbye.
> I have no belief in life after death (although I have no problem with
> people whose lives are based on religious ideals as long as they don't grab
> me on the sidewalk and scream 'HAVE YOU FOUND OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS
> CHRIST IN YOUR HEART?" Jim Gresham is a perfect example of someone who has
> found genuine joy in his faith, mentions it from time to time, but doesn't
> ram it down our throats. I learned a lot about myself in my correspondences
> with Mr. Gresham. I hope you're doing well, Jim, and that piles of packages
> from West Plains, MO arrived safely at your house).
> But I digress. As usual.
> It's interesting how my outlook on certain films has shifted over the
> years. SUNSET BLVD. seemed like a pathetic, laughable tale about a
> washed-up old actress (50!!!) trying desperately to hold onto her youth. I
> have a lot more empathy for her now. I wept copiously after watching I
> NEVER SANG FOR MY FATHER when I first saw it at the El Rey in Walnut Creek,
> CAc. While it's still not exactly a fun-fest, I was able to be happy that I
> mended any issues with my dad before he passed after re-watching the film.
> It's kind of fun growing old (except for the impending doom part) and
> dealing with a having a changing perspective. And after talking to Claude
> Litton, who still plays racquet ball 3 times a week at 86 and is sharp as a
> tack, I realize I'm just a pup.(And he's got 250 posters hanging in his
> house. Wonderful guy! And I'm SO jealous!!!)
> A happy 2022...or somethig akin to happiness...to you all.
> Waiting for my GODZILLA(1956!) one sheet to come from the restoration
> wizard so...life still has meaning.
> Greg Douglass
> From my big house by the lake in Escondido, CA. Thank you, Steve Miller.
>

> *Sent:* Saturday, January 08, 2022 at 6:09 PM
> *From:* "Christopher Quarles" <chrisqua...@gmail.com>
> *To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
> *Subject:* Re: [MOPO] SOYLENT GREEN Advance Onesheet: Does it even exist?
> I saw the world the flesh and the devil is a 13 year old and really liked
> it at the time. Not sure if it would hold up. But I did buy the poster I
> think it’s a one sheet but it might be an insert
> Chris Quarles
>
> Sent from my iPhone

> [...]

James Gresham // CEO

Gresham's Seasonal Services, Inc. <http://www.greshamsseasonalservices.com/>