*My company, eMoviePoster.com, has a truly wonderful selection of 120
mostly deluxe "oversized" stills (mostly 11x14, or close to that, 11 sets
and 109 singles) at auction ending Tuesday, June 6th beginning 7PM CDT
at https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%253A11x14%2520still/13.html
<https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%253A11x14%2520still/13.html>Did
you know that in addition to 8x10 stills, studios also made deluxe
"oversized" stills as well? 'Tis true! 11x14 stills (or sizes close to
that) were made for most movies along with 8" x 10" stills, but very few of
these "oversized" stills survive. While most theaters from the 1920s on
received 8x10 stills, few received 11x14 stills, which were often printed
on a higher quality paper stock than the 8x10s.Most of them were sent to
media outlets, like newspapers and magazines, so they could have the
highest quality images for their promotional stories about upcoming movies
and current stars! Some speculate that these larger higher quality stills
were mostly only sent to major theaters and virtually never to regular
theaters, which would help account for their far greater rarity than 8x10
stills, which were sent to EVERY theater, no matter the size!They are often
the work of famous studio photographers (such as Clarence Sinclair Bull,
Elmer Fryer, Eugene Robert Richee, Otto Dyar, Ruth Harriet Louise, Floyd
McCarthy and Mac Julian), who would often be credited on the still, either
with a stamp on the back or an embossed credit on the bottom of the
front.And of course these are only the ones we know for certain, because
they are identified on the back! A high percentage of the rest were surely
also taken by top studio photographers (many likely by the names listed
above) but unfortunately the backs are not stamped (but likely one could
find many of them through internet searching).Note that in the 1960s, a few
dealers acquired original negatives and transparencies from some studio
photographs, and starting in the late 1960s they made and sold restrikes of
some of these, and sometimes in an 11x14 size. HOWEVER EVERY ONE OF THE 120
MOSTLY DELUXE STILLS (SINGLES AND SETS) IN THIS SET OF AUCTIONS ARE STUDIO
ORIGINAL AND NOT RESTRIKES (and we guarantee that; see below)!A special
note on the rarity of these mostly deluxe "oversized" stills. They are SO
rare that it usually takes us a couple of years to be consigned enough of
these to run a special selection of them! HOWEVER, IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR WE
WERE CONSIGNED AN INCREDIBLE COLLECTION OF AROUND 200 OF THESE!On March
14th, we auctioned 111 of these, and now we are auctioning many of the last
of this remarkable collection! Now that most of that "find" are gone,  it
may well be years before we get consigned enough to run another auction of
them. They really are THAT rare!Speaking of those 111 we auctioned March
14th, they sold for prices ranging from $5 all the way up to $792, with
many selling in the range of $40 to $80 (see ALL the 111 results
at
https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/date/2023-03-14/tag/xtype%253A11x14%2520still/sort/4/archive.html
<https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/date/2023-03-14/tag/xtype%253A11x14%2520still/sort/4/archive.html>).This
seems WAY low to us, because of their incredible rarity and how they are so
much more striking on a wall than a comparable 8x10 still, but maybe not
enough collectors have discovered this, but it just seems a matter of time
before this changes, and then prices may well rise drastically, so please
consider buyer some of these when so many are SO affordable!Sometimes it
can be difficult to tell a restrike (or reissue) from an original, which is
where it becomes such a giant plus to buy these from eMoviePoster.com
auctions, for two reasons! The first is that we have auctioned many
thousands of these 11x14 deluxe stills over the past 33 years, and we are
experts in telling originals from restrikes or reissues.The second is our
Lifetime Guarantee (which NO other auction offers) where we stand behind
every item we auction forever! You can 100% trust that all of these
oversized stills are exactly what we say they are!We feel these are so
special that they everyone should look them over one by one, even if you do
not yet collect them! You will love looking at these, even if it is solely
to "window shop". They cover the entire history of film from the 1920s to
the 1960s, but with the bulk being from the "Golden Age of Hollywood", the
1930s and 1940s!Best of luck to those of you who bid on any of these! If
there are going to be great "deals" or even some "steals" we would so much
rather they go to you, our past customers, some of whom have been buying
from us for 10, 20 or 30 years!AN URGENT P.S.! We ALSO have a wonderful
selection of THREE HUNDRED FIFTY EIGHT 8" x 10" vintage stills (singles and
sets)
at https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%253A8x10%2520still/13.html
<https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%253A8x10%2520still/13.html>
and