Guys,
Have you noticed a seller on eBay named Famous Movie Posters of Filmland? They're listing some some very impressive reproductions of some expensive titles. Technology has now advanced to where an exact 27 X 41" scan can be made. (They're also making repros of 24 sheets that are remarkably clear.)
Human behavior being what it is, it seems like only a matter of time before someone tries to pass one of these off to an unsuspecting newbie. I have no idea what kind of paper these are printed on...a clear indication of the poster not being vintage to a savvy old-timer...but it gives me the wim-wams to think that these are out there, just waiting for some swine to go "Hmmm...".
These days, when the truth has become subjective, this kind of thing gives me pause. The repros ain't cheap; $125 for a very rare "Frankenstein" one sheet with an image like the title card.
Has anyone else seen these?
Greg Douglass
Coos Bay, OR