Hi all,

Does anyone here know the origins / story behind any of the major window
card finds? Very curious to know where / who made these finds / how they
made their way into collector's hands... this info doesn't seem to exist
anywhere online or in books

It would especially be great to hear about these finds:

1) Alhambra Theatre in Canonsburg, PA. I understand this was found by a
family in the late 70's - does anyone know who this material was sold
through?

2) Crescent Theatre Pontiac IL - this is a major one...

3) Bells Hillsboro OH - some of my favorites with that fantastic (though
sometimes unsightly) script on the top

4) Star Theatre & Captiol Theatre from Concord NH - more great cards in
great condition, tons 1927-1933

These are the major ones, but there were many more, including in MI, MN,
WI, PA, ID.... and the one in NY that Dwight Manley was involved in (and
was featured on Amazing Treasures). I also heard that Eric Caidin bought a
group of 10,000+ window cards that a woman drove some distance to bring to
his shop.

Somebody here must have a great story to tell about one of these finds...

I read a story, maybe in one of Jon Warren's books, about a pet store that
was using window cards for cage liners. Hoping none of my cards were a part
of that one!

Best,
Garth