Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 at 1:37 PM
From: "Scott Burns" <sbu...@columbus.rr.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] RIP Donald Sutherland

Someone else mentioned one of Sutherland’s best, the 1978 remake of “Invasion of the Body Snatchers,” but what about “Klute?” Every time I encounter it on TCM I can’t not watch.

But curious, Bruce, do you really think his main criteria for taking a role was just the cash? I’d call him a working actor—in it for the long haul. Sometimes you make a classic, sometimes you make a dud. But staying employed in the acting business long term can be difficult. Seems like an unnecessary dig that money was his driving force. Just my 2 cents.

Scott

MoPo List Owner