Quote Ham on quoting Hawking.

"Mlodinow also reviewed the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe,
and the search at the Large Hadron Collider for the theoretical Higgs boson
particle.  Interestingly, Hawking has predicted that the Higgs particle will
not be found."

Hawking and Higgs don't match, there is a very big rivalry.
On several occasions Hawking was humiliated by Peter Higgs in interviews
etc..
Since then Hawking tries to get even.

The Higgs-model, and Hawking's prediction towards the possible or not
discovery of the model is partially derived from this rivalry.

But strangely enough, it is correct that it is not very likely that the
mechanism of gravity will show itself in the Higgs field.
The reason's for this , however, are residing in models outside this
conflict.But this is very complicated to explain, it comes down to this.
In the standardmodel all particle's are having a counteropponent,
(supersymmetry),..proton/antiproton, quark/antiquark, etc , about
for this moment 108 basic particle's.

The upcoming problem for the Higgs boson, is that it shows up in the models
as its own counteropponent at the same moment.
And this is violating all normal predictions. Hawking is aware of this, and
there is another reason, some other particle's are better
gravity candidates.

Another problem for the Higgs model , is that about 75% of science finds it
more interesting to follow Hawking's leads on the black hole
predictions, and are hoping to find the mechanism that can declare gravity,
within the properties of black holes.Most of the availiable money goes to
this project in the lhc.

Greetzz, Adrie

--
parser