In a message dated 1/31/01 5:16:16 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'm skimming and not really following this thread, but just for the record
I'm very much of the opinion that quality and morality are the same. I
despair when I see people questioning the wisdom of Pirsig's Q=M because I
really think it's the heart of the MOQ. Whilst I have quibbles about the
four levels and even the dynamic-static split, the idea that
reality=morality=quality remains rock solid and fascinating to me.

I think I've written about it several times though ... can't help wondering
why I've been misunderstood.

Hi Diana,

Sorry for misrepresenting your position. I was skimming my memory banks of
didn't think Quality=Morality. I may have misrepresented the positions of
others as well, and if so, forgive me. The post of yours that stood out in my
memory was one in the forum where you wrote (i think!) your ideas about
intuition in connection with the intellectual process and it's role in
interpreting morality...an exchange with Dennis, if I remember correctly.

Jon