I wrote:
> I think actually that this is an addition that we ought to make to the MOQ.
> All the things that RMP says about value being fundamentally real and directly
> intuitable apply straight down the line to other minds.  Value comes first,
> before subjects and objects.  Well so do other minds.  How so?  For a very
> obvious reason.  "Subject" and "Object" are terms in grammar, they are
> intellectualisations of the world through language.  Language exists as a
> medium of communication between minds.  Therefore: direct perception of other
> minds must precede language.

Hm.  That sounds a bit hasty to me now, given the interpretation that it
might lay itself open to.

Andrea will like it alot probably with his love of LW, but for myself I'm
having second thoughts along the lines of "let me clarify what I meant".

I don't think that *language* can only exist where there are other minds,
but merely that *communication* can only exist as the historical upshot of
direct immediate perception of other minds (mum, dad, your best mate at
school).  This is perhaps the same as saying that *verbal* language is a
proof of direct perception of other minds - some people occasionally confuse
verbalised language and language entire, but despite my one lapse in the
quoted passage, I myself think that's something worth avoiding.

Just watching my back,

Elephant