Roger and all,

I have told Dan that I will not agree to print
publication of my posts. It is not a question of
being slighted, it's because I am a professional
writer and I simply do not want to see poor quality
and outdated work in print.

My actual words to him were:

Yes, I'll tell you why, because no matter how you
edit it I'd never agree. The reason is because it's
not worth printing. The posts just weren't that good.
It's like we're patting ourselves on the back for
this brilliant debate and yet it was just a jumble of
poorly thought out ideas that never reached any
conclusion. The MOQ is about excellence, Lila's Child
is like a celebration of at best, mediocrity, and at
worst dullness.

I also feel that he has not done an accurate job on
the editing, however that is a secondary point.

If other people wish to publish their work, that is
entirely up to them. However my opinion would be that
it does not present the group or the MOQ in a
professional light. Posts to a mailing list aren't
written with the same care that essays in a printed
book are. Do we really want to look like semi
literate amateurs who can't hold a coherent
conversation? We are opening ourselves up to ridicule
with something like this.

If we want to write a book that's a great idea. I've
thought about it before but I don't have a formal
background in philosophy, so someone else would have
to take charge. But whatever we do it has to be
something that people will respect. That's my main
point. I see people talking about Jimi Hendrix and
dynamic quality. People should get the same sort of
buzz when they read about the MOQ.

Diana