Dear MD.
It's been some time since I last visited the archives and was
surprised to find the agitation about Dan Glover's "Lila's Child". I
feel out of my depth about the finer legal points, but whose rights
are violated?  I can't really see the difference between messages
printed in a book instead of being found on the Internet, we may -
as Dan says - cringe over old posts but the Child's impact on world
affairs won't be of "mass extinction" proportions exactly ...not yet
at least.

One would wish that Diana's attaching such importance to
"professionalism" was valid, but with Shakespeare it is  ...."Sound
and fury signifying nothing", it's the Quality Metaphysics that
counts. I feel in my marrow that there is no other direction evolution
CAN take and thus it's no risk about it being "forgotten" yet ...... In
"Zen..." Pirsigs says:

> If the idea of truth had been allowed to perish unrediscovered by the
> Renissance it's unlikely that we should have been much beyond the
> level of prehistoric man today.

If the present time is a paralell to the one of the Greek experience -
which I also firmly believe - I would hate to think that a period
parallel to the Dark Age was to descend before a new Renaissance
rediscovered the Quality Idea.

OK, many wise words were said in various posts in the said debate
and I can't add to the profundity, except asking you - Diana - to
reconsider, it's a shame both philosophywise and for being the Lila
Squad founder (along with Magnus Berg of course) if your
contribution is left out. But if you can't be swayed, at least thanks
for allowing Dan to use the moq.org archives. And for Dan - Go on,
it's this time or never. The essay anthology suggested by Diana
may materialize some day, but the first year's (or so) messages do
probably cover all the important aspects of the MoQ - as well as
showing the difficulties it has of making it into the world.

Bo