"Mangiola Nunzio arivia.kom" wrote:

> I don't think Pirsig mentioned anything on the death penalty or
> any form of incarceration. (Besides that of being declared insane)

Yes, he did. In Lila:
"The strongest moral argument against capital punishment is that it weakens
society's dynamic capacity for change and evolution."
"It is not the nice guy who brings about real social change. Nice guys look nice
because they are conforming. It is the bad guys who only look nice a hundred
year later that are the real dynamic force in social evolution."

(I can't report page numbers).

Andrea