To David Evolve and the MOQ
>From Rog

Sorry David, I meant to send this yesterday!

EVOLVE WROTE:
Quality is
the moment when 2 or more elements of chaos achieves a momentary rythm, and
thus gives chaos a pattern.  This pattern is then assesed aginst other
patterns which have been produced previously and if it is harmonious then
will continue, if the pattern contradicts another, the pattern with the
higest frequency, or rate of change will succedd.  This gives rise to why
intelligance is neeeded as it effectively is an ability to process things at
a faster rate, and thus be able to impart change through overtaking of other
rythms.  When a rythm overtakes another, the superceeded rythim becomes the
static pattern, cancelled out by the faster but also adding its own
influence, because to pass through, or overtake there has to be a place
where the 2 rythms are at the same event horizon, or quality moment, the
time when 2 dynamic rythms meetand achieve the same same frequncy, quality
occurs, a meme is created, or another pattern, which then influences the way
everything is interpreted. ...(snip)...
Quality is then the event where more than one inputs are achieving a
harmonious equilibrium.

ROG:
I agree with this and many of your other explorations into pattern, chaos and
harmony.  I think the MOQ misses this, at least in general focus.  Pirsig is
so infatuated with struggles and moral hierarchies in Lila that he fails to
explore much in the way of harmonious equilibrium and self
reinforcing/mutually amplifying feedback patterns.

He makes a great point that higher levels trump the lower, but the real magic
occurs not when the levels contradict each other, but when they reinforce
each other.  Similar advances in Quality occur when various patterns within a
level cooperate as well. Then you get synergy.  One plus one equals infinity.

Thanks for sharing!

Rog