Hi John B:

I'm looking forward to hearing of your experiences with the Diamond
Essence workshop. I share the doubts expressed by Wim Nusselder,
but hope to be informed otherwise.

I did not experience a meta-voice as you did in using the "inner
gesture" technique. But that may have been because I wasn't able to
hold onto the emptiness long enough. Frankly, I was frightened to be
without my chattering mind. I didn't like the feeling of helplessness, so I
cut the experience short. Not being a practiced meditator may have had
something to do with my reluctance to remain in the "nothing" state for
long.

I've read your essay on the Forum with great interest, focusing
particularly on the contradictions in the MOQ you've uncovered. I plan to
spotlight these in a future post. What I found somewhat puzzling was
your assertion that values didn't come about until the biological level,
being tied exclusively to the survival urge and expanding from there. For
a metaphysics to ignore the billions of years prior to the arrival of life on
this planet (from whatever source) seems to me to be no metaphysics
at all. If you are going to explain reality, you better explain the Big Bang
and everything subsequent.  I take it that you don't buy Pirsig's
explanation of life's beginnings.

And so we see another chink in the MOQ edifice, along with the
immorality of us steak lovers. (-:

Platt