-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: permutations in TPSRegr and asymmetry in pictures
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:07:27 -0400
From: F. James Rohlf <ro...@life.bio.sunysb.edu>
To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

What the tpsRegr program does is pretty simple. For the 'all option' it just scrambles the order of the independent variable relative to the dependent variable across all individual specimens.

For within blocks it simply scrambles the order within each block (it assume blocks correspond to adjacent specimens in the input files). An example could be where the blocks corresponded to individuals and a pair of observations within each block could correspond to its shape before and after some treatment that could change its shape.

For the among blocks option it scrambles the order of the blocks but keeps each block intact. This would give a user an idea of how important the blocks were.

I will have to add more text to the help file! I should add some more options to make the program more flexible.

Jim

F. James Rohlf, John S. Toll Professor, Stony Brook University
The much revised 4th editions of Biometry and Statistical Tables are now available:
http://www.whfreeman.com/Catalog/product/biometry-fourthedition-sokal
http://www.whfreeman.com/Catalog/product/statisticaltables-fourthedition-rohlf
 Please consider the environment before printing this email