Hi Jo,

I use white play-doh. Colored play-doh may stain the skulls so don't use
it. The play-doh does sometimes stick to the skulls a little but it is
easily rubbed off.

Good luck with your digitizing!

Best Wishes,
Abby

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Jo Gooding <jg1753.2...@my.bristol.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm about to start collecting 3D data from a sample of modern human skulls
> using a Microscribe.
>
> I wondered if anyone could recommend the best material/method to keep the
> skulls completely immobile while taking measurements? I thought modelling
> clay would be good, but worried it could leave a greasy residue.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Jo
>
> --
> Joanna Gooding
> MSc Student
>
> Palaeobiology and Biodiversity Research Group
> School of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol
>
> --
> MORPHMET may be accessed via its webpage at http://www.morphometrics.org

Abby Grace Drake, PhD

Biology Department