Nico,

>From the image you attached, things seem to be coded properly. In your case,
>the resulting slider file should be a 6 X 3 matrix:

1 2 3
2 3 4
3 4 5
4 5 6
5 6 7
6 7 8

As for analyses, one would first perform a generalized Procrustes analysis,
including the slider information. Inputs would be the set of xy coordinates for
all landmarks and semilandmarks, as well as the matrix above designating which
landmarks are sliders and in what tangent directions they will slide. The
analysis may be accomplished in geomorph, TPSRelw, or the Evan toolkit.  From
there, the aligned Procrustes residuals may be utilized as a set of shape
variables for your group comparisons.

As for tutorials, TPSRelw has an extensive help file, as does EVAN.  Geomorph
has a user guide that includes tutorial information, and is available at:
www.geomorph.net<http://www.geomorph.net>.

Hope this helps,

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams
Professor
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
       Department of Statistics
Iowa State University
www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/<http://www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/>